Welcome to the August Pals Blog Hop! Huge thanks to Nicole Watt for making our Hop Badge in MDS! We are featuring projects made with items from the Stampin' Up! Holiday Catalog, which is good through January 2, 2013. I hope you will visit each and every blog listed below my projects for ideas on what to order and how to use the latest Stampin' Up! products. Here we go!!
You've probably hopped over from Chatty Cathy Card Creations by Cathy King, and I'm stop #7 and I'm glad you hopped in! I'll help you "hop" along from blog to blog. Should you hop off course, simply click on any of the links in the Pals Hop Line-up below and you'll be back on track.
My first project is the Christmas card. I used designer paper from the new Festival of Prints designer series paper stack to create most of my vertical banners. The paper stack is a convenient 4 x 6" size, just perfect for creating cards. The other banner in my display is made by stamping one of the images from the Ornament Keepsakes stamp set onto the new 7/8" Natural Cotton Ribbon. Yes, I said I stamped on it! It is very easy to do and the images show up perfectly!
Other new items on my first card are: Holiday Ornaments Framelits, which perfectly cut out these Very Vanilla and Cherry Cobbler ornaments. They also perfectly cut around other shapes in the Ornament Keepsakes stamp set. The tiny ornament stamped in Cherry Cobbler onto the round ornament above is from the new stamp set Merry Minis. There is a matching Merry Minis Punch Pack for popping out your stamped images, also!!
My second card has a little boo boo on it, but I doubt most people would notice! I used another set of prints from the Festival of Prints Designer Series Paper Stack, but I mistakenly framed them using Tempting Turquoise instead of Island Indigo! Oops, but no worries because the colors are very close to each other.
One of the focal points on this card are the Ornament Keepsakes "cat-eye" shaped images I easily die cut using the Holiday Ornaments Framelits. I added a pearl to each one and made them into "anchors" for my Apothecary Accents Framelit which holds my sentiment from the Trust God stamp set. Aren't they beautiful?
The second focal point is one I'm really enjoying being creative with: the 3-1/2" Scalloped Tulle Ribbon in Crumb Cake. Here it is secured over ribbon layers of Island Indigo (Ruffled Ribbon) and Early Espresso (1/8" taffeta) using a new Ribbon Slide. Just a little snippet of the tulle really pops on this card. You can also make dreamy package bows and other items with this tulle! It's very versatile!
I hope you have been inspired! Have YOU decided what you will want from the Holiday Catalog? You can order here any time.
Now hop on for more inspiring ideas to Beth Beard at My Little Craft Blog, stop #8 on the Pals Holiday Catalog Blog Hop! Thanks for hopping by!
I'd love to read your comments about my projects below! Thank you for visiting today!
- Lynn Hoyt at Cattail Designs
- Shannon Jaramillo at ezpeasycards.com
- Debbie Pierce at Stampin Sunshine
- Jennifer Takacs at Stamped in Full
- Julie Trevett-Smith at The Stampin' Affair!
- Cathy King at chattycathycardcreations
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Beth Beard at My Little Craft Blog
- Rae Harper at Wild West Paper Arts
- Mary Fish at Stampin Pretty
- Kim Czenszak at Live Love Stamp
- Diane Roberts at Scoreatfourandaquarter
- Claire Crotteau-Hutt at stamppaperscissors
- Dawn Tidd at Tiddbits from Dawn
- Barb Furlong at The Love of Stamping
- Nancy Gleason at My Stampin' Space
- Naki Rager at My Stampin' Blog
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Kim Luithle at Kim's Stampin Stuff
- Mikki Sarkisyan at Mikkis Creative Corner
- Angela Curry at Kindred Stampers
- Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
- Susan Lankford at Stamp and Scrap With Susan
- Nicole Watt at Impressions by Nicole
- Bobbi Mangas at My Therapy
- Angie Blake at Angies Musings
- Kris Kilcoyne at Kween Bee Kreations
- Nicole Picadura at Scraps & Stamps
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin Sunshine
- Nina Dee at Deesigns by Nina Dee