Happy New Year! I made this heart because there is a lot of love in our future in 2010. Our daughter is getting married.
I began with an inspiration from Stampin' Up's Stampin' Success Magazine for Demonstrators. There was a crown which had the same papers and similar embellishments. Here is how I made my project:
- Stamped snowflakes onto Bride's Specialty paper with Versa Mark and heat embossed with Heat N Stick Powder, then sprinkled on Dazzling Diamonds glitter and shook off the excess. I cut the heart out of Bride's Specialty Paper, and also cut out another heart from some cardboard. I cut an additional heart shape of designer paper to cover the cardboard and ribbon hanger in back.
- Used white crepe paper streamer to make a ruffle for around the heart. I stapled it every half inch to keep it together while i was making it, then taped it on with Sticky Tape. I adhered the designer paper using pop dots because the crepe paper ruffle is pretty thick.
- To make the banner of fluff across the middle, I used a 1-1/2" piece of Bella Blue print and trimmed it with my Scallop Edge punch. I adhered another print behind it that was 2" wide. Behind that I adhered a horizontally cut piece of newspaper about 2-1/2 inches tall. I kept the scalloped edge away from the other two pieces of paper while I shredded them very thinly using paper snips. I mangled both edges (as well as the crepe paper ruffle) to keep a "vintage" feel.
- Build-A-Brad I stamped with "2010" from the Calendar Alpha Numbers stamp set, stamped onto a white cupcake paper (crinkly and vintage-feeling) and backed with a Boho Blossoms punched piece of Bella Bleu paper
- "Celebrate" from the Fundamental Phrases stamp set, also stamped onto a cupcake paper, cut out like a banner and matted with Kraft card stock. This was embellished with a rhinestone brad and a flower punched from Bella Bleu using the Boho Blossoms punch
- One Snowflake punched piece of textured Bordering Blue was embellished with a Filigree Brad and both snowflakes have a butterfly from the *new* (available Jan 5th) Beautiful Wings Embosslit. The butterflies on either side of the Celebrate sentiment are also from the Beautiful Wings Embosslit.
- Textured Bordering Blue Heart is another *new* Embosslit: Scalloped Heart of Hearts. It has another butterfly and also a bow tied in silver cord. The sentiment across the bottom is isolated from the A Brand New Year stamp and one word from Mark the Date stamped in Not Quite Navy onto Kraft.