Welcome to this week's Pals Paper Arts Challenge--colors! You probably cannot see that the colors are on my card, but they are! I used all three colors on my Vellum card stock leaves! Here is how I made the leaves:
- I cut them from the Autumn Accents Bigz Die. I placed the leaves on my Stampin' Pierce Mat and used my Simply Scored Stylus to "draw" leaf veins on each leaf.
- Next, I used my Stampin' Write Markers in the challenge colors and just scribbled circles using each color, letting the circles get larger until they colored all the way to the leaf edges.
- I then smudged my colors together using a Sponge Dauber. I let the leaves dry.
- I used my Bone Folder to make the leaves curl the way I wanted them.
- The last step in creating my leaves was to use a Sponge Dauber and apply a coat of Champagne Mist (by Tsukineko), which is a sort of paint that comes in a little container. Stampin' Up! used to sell it, but it's retired now. It adds just a nice shimmer and goes well with the Brushed Gold card stock mat on the card.
I hope you enjoyed looking and that you will take a few seconds to leave a comment so I know you were here :-)
My stamp came from the October Paper Pumpkin Kit. Get Paper Pumpkin delivered to YOU monthly by clicking here.
Beautiful...just beautiful! I just love how you did the leaves!
Your leaves are very creative. I am going to try that technique this weekend! Thanks for sharing.
Patti, the leaves are exquisite! LOVE your card! The brushed gold cardstock is perfect for showing of the elements. Great job, Pal!
Beautiful leaves - what a great technique! Very pretty fall card!
Your leaves really look real! I had to look a couple of times. Wonderful technique and thanks for sharing!
So classy! love your leaves!
Those leaves are absolutely incredible, Patti! Love them and the very classy look of this card!
great use of texture, patti!
I love what you did with the leaves - I can see that I'm going to have to get some more supplies.
Post a Comment