Thank you for joining us for the August Pals Blog Hop. Even though it's only August, we want to provide some inspiration for your upcoming holiday projects. This month's blog hop will showcase new products from the 2013 Stampin' Up! Holiday Catalog. We hope you enjoy seeing how we use the new stamps, new punches and other accessories!
You should have just left stop number 17 on the Pals Hop - Linda Callahan at Stampin' Seasons. If so, you are in the right spot. If you get off track, the full blog lineup below will help you move along from blog to blog so you see all of the amazing creations.
My first project for the Blog Hop is this sweet card for Halloween. I don't do "ghouls" -- I like to keep a light take on this fall holiday. The Holiday Catalog has this CUTE single stamp called "Halloween Happiness."
The four cute pumpkins demand your Stampin' Write Marker, and here I used four colors to complete my pumpkins and jack-o-lantern. I snipped out close to the quartet and then set them onto an Apothecary Accent shape cut out of Sweater Weather designer series paper--another new item in the Holiday Catalog. I set the double layer onto one last frame of Pumpkin Pie textured by the Woodgrain Embossing Folder.
My second project from the Holiday Catalog is my CUTE mini place card! I isolated one of the pumpkin images from "Halloween Happiness" and used the same marker colors as my card above to color and stamp onto Whisper White card stock. Then I embossed around my image using the Designer Frames Embossing Folder. I snipped with my Paper Snips around the oval shape. Then I colored those raised dots using my Pumpkin Pie Stampin' Write Marker. I added a teeny knot using Early Espresso 1/8" taffeta ribbon and wrote my name. I can't wait to make a whole set of these for our family Thanksgiving Table.
Behind the oval place card I used a scrap of Crumb Cake card stock as a stand. I did not measure this, but if I make a set of these, they would all be the same size so they'll all stand up the same.
Pals Blog Hop Project Supplies:
Card Stock: Whisper White, Very Vanilla, Pumpkin Pie
Designer Series Paper: Sweater Weather
Stamps: Halloween Happiness
Stampin' Write Markers: Pumpkin Pie, Early Espresso, Garden Green, Summer Starfruit, Basic Black
Big Shot: Apothecary Accents Framelits, Woodgrain Embossing Folder
Embellishments: 1/8" Very Vanilla and Early Espresso Taffeta Ribbon
Tools: Paper-Piercing Tool, Mat and "Essentials" Pack
Thank you for looking today! I would LOVE to read your comments. Enjoy the rest of the Hop!
The next stop is Sherrie Gross at Stampin Sunshine, stop number 19 on the Pals Blog Hop! Thanks for visiting – and I hope to see you next month!
- Colleen Mollema at My Crafty Habit
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Angie Blake at Angie's Musings
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Diane Roberts at Score at Four and a Quarter
- Barb Furlong at The Love of Stamping
- Mary Fish at Stampin' Pretty
- Debra Simonis at Deb's Stampin' Grounds
- Laurie Chilton at Stampin' Ink
- Penny Nichols at Sierra Stampin!
- Amy Williams at Stampin' on the Range
- Shannon Jaramillo at Ezpeasycards
- Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven's Retreat
- Nancy Gleason at MyStampinSpace
- Beth Beard at My Little Craft Blog
- Linda Callahan at Stampin' Seasons
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin' Sunshine
- Kerry Willard Bray at Stampgoodness
- Brian King at Stamp With Brian
- Nicole Picadura at Scraps & Stamps
- Kim Czenszak at Live Love Stamp
- Rae Harper at Wild West Paper Arts
- Michelle Gleeson at Stampin Mojo
- Shannon Hokanson at Paper Works
- Dawn Tidd at Tiddbits from Dawn
- Lynn Kolcun at Stampin with Avery's Owlery
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin'
- Martie Pollard at The Crafty Bandit