Welcome to the December Pals Hop! This month we are featuring Birthday-themed cards and projects. Please enjoy all of the amazing creations that the Pals have come up with!
You've likely hopped over from Benjamin Turner at He Stamps, I'm stop number 1 on the Pals Hop and I'm glad you hopped in. I'll help you "hop along" from blog to blog where you'll find great ideas for Birthday paper projects from the Stampin' Pretty Pals. Should you hop off the course, simply click on any of the links in the Pals Hop Line-up below and you'll be back on track!
My first card is meant to be a masculine birthday card, but you could easily give it to anyone on their birthday. The card base is Cajun Craze card stock and the first layer is More Mustard embossed with the Lines Embossing Folder. I lifted the third sentiment, stamped on Very Vanilla card stock using Stampin' Dimensionals, and I colored in the top and bottom frosting with my Cajun Craze Stampin' Write marker. The designer buttons across the top almost look like flames for my sentiment "candles" which are totally in the birthday theme!
I decided I needed to re-create my original card and glam it up for a girl! I used the colors Regal Rose and Melon Mambo. For the background, I added texture with the Snowburst Embossing folder and decided to show a little. more of the texture than I did on the above card. I also added the very feminine Eyelet Border at the top of my Whisper White piece of card stock.
For a bit of bling, I colored some Basic Pearls using a Red Sharpie. The color is just right to match my hand-drawn hearts on the popped up sentiment/cake--do you see them? I also used the same Real Red Stampin' Write marker to make stripes on the candles.
Hop along for more inspiring ideas from Angie Blake at Angie's Musings
- Patti MacLeith atPapercrafts byPatti
- Angie Blake at Angie's Musings
- Kylie Nicolosi at Kylie's Crafty Corner
- Melanie Collins at Oops a Daisy Designs
- Angela Richwine at Stampin' Away with Angela
- Mikki Sarkisyan at Mikki's Creative Corner
- Barb Furlong at The Love of Stamping
- Jennifer Takacs at My Stampin Blog
- Linda Fisher at Linda's Stamin Loft
- Julie Trevett-Smith at The Stampin' Affair!
- Nancy Gleason at My Stampin' Space
- Nicole Watt at Impressions By Nicole
- Mary Fish at Stampin' Pretty
- Rae Harper at Wild West Paper Arts
- Nina Dee at Deesigns by Nina Dee
- Cindy Hall at Pretty Impact
- Benjamin Turner at He Stamps
Patti, the hearst on the popped up cake strip are adorable! The perfect detailed touch! :)
Clever all the way around! Love your cards.
what a lovely idea....a great alternative to the "wrappers"
great cards patti. i like seeing the male and female versions :) it's a creative way to use that stamp set too.
Clever card ! :)
Just so clever your are.....
Great minds think alike! I love seeing his and hers ideas! Both great cards, but I love the buttons on his. TFS!
Post a Comment