I had fun creating this card for Pals Paper Arts Challenge - Halloween. I hope you will join us this week and get ready for the next holiday. My favorite part of Halloween (besides the fact that I had a baby on that day in 1989!) is that you get to give out candy!!! I try to buy things I am not tempted to eat myself, but that never works.
- For my card I began with a Basic Black card base and added a piece of Frightful Sight designer series paper.
- Next, I used my Trick Or Treat Letterpress Plate and Only Orange (retired) craft ink to deboss onto Naturals Ivory card stock. You can see on the top and bottom, I added a little swipe of Jet Black Stazon for that distressed look. Stazon will not imprint onto the paper as well as craft ink, but it gives the worn look I was going for. After that, I used my Color Spritzer Tool to splash on some Basic Black speckels. I also used Basic Black ink and a Sponge Dauber to further distress the edges.
- After my sentiment dried, I added a strip of little ghosts, also from the Frightful Sight designer series paper. I tied on some Linen Thread and added a "pouf" of it at the top I added a spider from the same paper, popped out with a 3/4" circle punch and matted with a 1" basic black circle. I adhered him using a Stampin' Dimensional.
- To finish my card, I added a folded piece of Basic Black 1-1/4" Striped Grosgrain Ribbon to the left side of the sentiment.
- I thought the card needed a little something at this point, so I added a little pumpkin, snipped from another print in the Frightful Sight designer series paper.
Here is a peek at the inside:
I used the Grateful Greetings stamp set for the sentiment and couldn't resist "spookin' it up!" with another spider!
I hope you enjoyed looking at my card and that youwill leave a comment at the end of my post. I enjoy reading all of your comments!