Hello everyone! Welcome to the January Pals Blog Hop-- "Love is in the Air."
You've likely hopped over from Leah's Stampin' Corner and I'm stop #23 on this month's hop.
I made today's card for my husband. He will be traveling on business just before Valentine's Day and I'm going to sneak this into his suitcase. When he gets back just before Valentine's Day, we'll be ready to celebrate!
I began with a Basic Black card base. Then I layered on Real Red card stock that I trimmed using the Scallop Trim Border punch. The next layer is a piece of First Edition Designer Series Paper.
I then ran Sticky Strip across the width of the DSP and "ruffled" a 1" strip of Gold Waffle paper across it. I used another Sticky Strip to attach the 1-1/4" Black Stripe ribbon with the top edge just above the bottom edge of the Gold Waffle Paper.
I used the Scalloped Heart of Hearts to cut out a Basic Black heart. Next, I used the Heart Punch to cut out a Real Red heart from a piece of card stock that had been run through the Big Shot with the Elegant Lines Embossing Folder. I used Gold Shimmer Paint and a sponge dauber to "paint" the raised portions of the heart. I put some Basic Pearls onto the circles in the embossing and used more Gold Shimmer Paint to shine the pearls a bit. I adhered the heart to the left side of the ribbon.
For the sentiment, I used P. S. I Love You stamp set from the new Occasions Mini and again I colored directly onto the stamp with my Basic Black and Real Red Stampin' Write markers. I made a banner out of the Very Vanilla card stock and curled it with my stylus (left edge) and Bone Folder (right edge), added a Red Glimmer Brad and then adhered it with Stampin' Dimensionals.
Here is a closeup of the envelope. I put this cute stamp right where you would see the postal cancellation mark if it were mailed. I used Stampin' Write markers to color the stamp in Real Red and Basic Black.
Thank you for looking! I hope you enjoy the 30+ members of the Pals for ideas on how to show some lovin' to friends and family this Valentine's Day!
Your next stop is #24, Diane Roberts at Score at Four and a Quarter.
For viewing the blogs in any order you like, here is complete listing! Thanks for hopping with us! See you next time.
I love comments, so won't you please leave one below?
- Linda Fisher at Linda's Stampin Loft
- Maggie Mata at MaggieMadeCards
- Kim Luithle at Kim's Stampin Stuff
- Barb Furlong at The Love of Stamping
- Dawn Tidd at My Stampin' Blog
- Maxine Conrad at Stamp to the MAX!
- Susan Lankford at Stampin' Crafty Corner
- Nina Dee at Deesigns by Nina Dee
- Kim Czenszak at Live Love Stamp
- Cindy Hall at Pretty Impact
- Frenchiee Hum at Frenchiee's Spot.
- Kylie Nicolosi at Kylie's Crafty Corner
- Jennifer Takacs at My Stampin' Blog
- Angie Blake at Angie's Musings
- Nicole Watt at Impressions By Nicole
- Mary Fish at Stampin' Pretty
- Rae Harper at Wild West Paper Arts
- Amanda Cramer at Mrs. C with Style!
- Sandie Conner at Pretty Provisions
- Nancy Gleason at My Stampin' Space
- Sue Bendinsky at My Color Creations
- Leah O'Brien at Leah's Stampin' Corner
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Diane Roberts at Score at Four and a Quarter
- Emily Steggell at Em's Creations
- Julie Trevett-Smith at The Stampin' Affair!
- Beth Beard at My Little Craft Blog
- Jessica Ying at YoYoStamping Studio
- Leslie Davis at Ellalicious Elements
- Joan Norris at My Creative Impressions
- Mikki Sarkisyan at Mikki's Creative Corner