I told you there was some LOVE involved! Lady in Red-Valentine's is our theme.
Here's how I made my card:
- Basic Black card stock cut to 5-1/4" x 10", fold in half.
- Red Glimmer paper cut 1" x 6". Cut with Scallop Trim Border Punch. Trim to fit across top of card.
- Whisper White card stock cut 5" x 5-1/4"
- Cherry Cobbler card stock cut 4-7/8" x 5-1/8". Run through Big Shot using Square Lattice embossing folder.
- Ink Lots of Love Letterpress Plate with Very Vanilla Craft Ink. Use to "deboss" Cherry Cobbler card stock through the Big Shot. Let the ink dry completely. TIP: The Letterpress Plates are not very good with smooth card stock, but when you have embossed the card stock, it holds the ink just as well as water color paper!
- Tie a piece of Very Vanilla 1/2" seam binding into a bow around bottom half of Cherry Cobbler card stock.
- Punch with Small Heart punch from Red Glimmer Paper. Punch 1/16" hole in top corner. Hang on seam binding with thin silver chord or Linen Thread.
- Adhere Cherry Cobbler to Whisper White. Adhere Whisper White below the Red Glimmer Scallop at the top.
I am LOVING this Red Glimmer Paper from the New Mini. It shines just like glitter, but there is NONE of the mess of glitter I hope to see more colors of Glimmer Paper in the future!
I hope you enjoyed seeing my creation and I hope you will play along with us at Pals Paper Arts! We have BLOG CANDY this week. Check it out! You could win just by playing.
Your card is gorgeous Patti! I love the embossing and that little heart. Hugs,
Fabulous job using the letterpress plate! This is stunning!
I like your glimmer border & dangling heart. Thanks for the Letterpress tip.
Wonderful card, Patti! Perfect in every way and I so appreciate your tip about the letterpress. I've been having so much difficulty using it. But now I'm going to try it with textured cardstock instead of smooth! TFS!
What a great looking card! I love effect that you got with the letterpress on embossed paper!
Great photo of this card. What wonderful details!!! This is super!
Great job, Patti! Wow, I'm going to have to try running the DSP through the Square Lattice folder. It almost looks like needlepoint!
The texture on this is wonderful!
Beautiful card, Patti!! I just may have to order that glimmer paper to try after seeing all the wonderful creations made with it!
Love the texture ... and the little hanging heart. Nice touch!
Post a Comment