The thinking this week was "vintage" when I saw the Pals Paper Arts inspiration sleigh photo above. I couldn't quite reach back as far as the sleigh goes, but I did reach back into my little girl memories! When I saw this stamp set, it reminded me of 60's ornaments! I'm from the 60's, so I had to have them.
- I started with a Very Vanilla card base, and stamped the sentiment from Grateful Greetings in Old Olive ink.
- I stamped the three ornaments from Tree Trimmings in Old Olive and Real Red onto Shimmery White card stock. I cut them out with my paper snips.
- I punched a 1/8" hole into the top of each ornament and slipped a folded 2" piece of stretchy gold cording through the hole.
- I secured the cording on the back of the Top Note Die half with sticky tape.
- I placed the ornaments onto the half of the Top Note die cut, popping them up on dimensionals. Then I tied a bow around the top of each piece of cording.
- I used Snail Adhesive to adhere my die cut, but thought my card looked like it was missing SOMEthing, so I used my Matt Pack and Paper Piercer to pierce holes around the sides and bottom in the shape of the die cut. I did this free-hand.
Won't YOU play along with Pals Paper Arts and design a project inspired by the sleigh photo above?
If you need any Stampin' Up! supplies to creatively approach the holidays, please use mywebsite to order.
this card really is gorgeous and fits in with the vintage theme. the ornaments are gorgeous. I love it.
I like how you hung the ornaments! You are getting crafty crafty with that top note die!
Wonderful card, Patti! It is so vintage! The colors, layout, and sentiment are just perfect!
Very vintage and very beautiful! I love all the details and am amazed as to what you can do with that Top Note die. Terrific take on the Inspiration Photo!
So pretty, Patti!
What a unique way to use the top note die.
Reminds me of a fireplace mantle.
Stunning, stunning, stunning. Did I say stunning? Love the cropped out elements layered over the Top Note. Hugs, M
Oh Patti! So pretty - love how you used the Top Note. The piercing IS a perfect touch too!
Oh you did piercing!!! I so love that, it really adds that pop. Your card is beautiful. I didn't do the Challenge this week, I would of printed the inspiration photo, okay I did print it on WW cardstock) and would of popped it right on my card front. Seriously. Hugs,
Very pretty. Great use of the top note. I love the gold cord. Great photograph too.
I love that paper piercing, Patti! This is a lovely card. XO
The is beautiful. Can't believe how much the paper piercing adds. And I can't believe how perfectly those 3 ornaments fit - love this!
Oooh, I love new ways to use the Top Note! This is really fabulous! Thanks for sharing it!
Post a Comment