Welcome to the May Pals Blog Hop. This is the first hop on our new day - the second Wednesday of the month. Before we celebrate the release of the new Stampin' Up! catalog next month, it's time to say goodbye to our favorite retiring prodcts. This months we are showcasing projects that feature stamps or accessories that are retiring along with the 2013-14 Idea Book and Catalog on June 4th.
You may just be starting the blog hop or may have come from Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards on the Pals Blog Hop. If you get off track at any time, the full lineup below will help you move along from blog to blog.
For me, the set I will miss most (I haven't decided if I'm going to sell it or not!) is Bring on the Cake. It has so much birthday fun in it, yet over the year I have not even used all of the stamps in the set. The one stamp I chose for today's card is probably the first one I used and also my favorite. Coloring those letters in is too much fun!
This time I chose to use Water Color Paper and stamped the image using Black Stazon. I used the ombre effect of coloring dark at the top and light at the bottom. I did this by using pooled ink and a Blender Pen. I love how the water color paper grabs the ink. The colors I used were: Bermuda Bay, Coastal Cabana, Gumball Green (retiring) and Raspberry Ripple (retiring).
The Birthday Basics Designer Paper is also a favorite that I'll be sad to say goodbye to. I have gone through almost two packages of it, saving each and every snippet to use on my projects. You notice that I made peek-a-boo hearts using the retiring Small Heart Punch. I am not overly sad to see this punch retire, as there is a new small heart, but it has been a favorite since I got it. And last, but not least, I will miss all the Stretch Ruffle Trim that overlaps my candle print.
The next stop is Debbie Pierce at Stampin' Sunshine on the Pals Blog Hop. Thanks for visiting and I hope to see you next month!
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Debbie Pierce at Stampin' Sunshine
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin' Jackie
- Nancy Gleason at My Stampin Space
- Sue Becker at RnR Stamping
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin
- Michelle Quinno at Shell's Life
- Beth Beard at My little craft blog
- Amy Lazzell at Just A Thought...Cards by Amy
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Rae Harper at Wild West Paper Arts
- Katie Ferguson at Cottage Paper
- Colleen Mollema at Uncanny Crafting
- Natalie Bradley at Natalie Bradley Events
- Dawn Tidd at Tiddbits from Dawn
- Kerry Willard Bray at Peonies and Paper Chains
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin'
- Marlene Heringer at So Many Toys So Little Time
- Diane Roberts at Score at Four and a Quarter
- Lynn Kolcun at Stamping With Avery's Owlery
- Kelly DeTommaso at Kelly's Creative Corner
- Shannon Hokanson at Paper Works by Shannon
- Christie Crosby at Stampin' Creativity
- Kalyn Shubnell at Stamping Chronicles
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Michelle Gleeson at StampinMojo
- Debra Simonis at Deb's Stampin' Grounds
- Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven's Retreat
- Mary Fish at Stampin' Pretty
- Maxine Conrad at Stamp to the MAX!
- Donna Kopenski at Crafty Cardmaker
- Angie Blake at Angie's Musings
Patti - Its such a bright happy card. Love you watercoloring.
Fantastic card, Patti! I will not sell my set as it's one of my favorites! I will miss the stretch ribbon as well.
What a cute creation :) Love the coloring Patti - Great job my friend!
Cute birthday card, Patti! I will miss that paper, too!
Adorable, Patti! Love this sweet little birthday card!
Great birthday card, Patti. This DSP has been one of my favorites this year and I like what you've done with it!
So cute. I'm really going to miss this stamp set. It's definitely one of my "go to" sets.
Oh my gosh this is so cute!!!
What a fun card. I see a CASE in my future!! :)
Adorable! I will miss this set as well.
What a sweet little happy card!! So sad.....I JUST realized the stretch trim ribbon is retiring!! Nooooo!! I LOVE that ribbon!!! Cute, cute card though Patti!!
Patti, such a fun card! I think that stamp is a keeper for future birthday creations!
Patti, I love what you did with the hearts, what a clever idea (I may case it!). And the ombre coloring of the letters - wow! So glad you were the blog after me on the Hop!!
love the coloring & that fun touch of ribbon!
Post a Comment